From 19:30 until 21:00
At The European School Culham
Thame Lane, Culham, Abingdon, Oxfordshire OX14 3DZ
On 8 May 2014 the European Movement’s Oxfordshire branch is holding the next in the series of European Parliament Elections Debates in Abingdon.
With the prospect of an EU referendum weighing heavily on the political debate in the UK since the Prime Minister’s January 2013 speech, the May 2014 European Parliament elections are expected to rejuvenate the debate around Britain's future in the EU. At the same time, the next 5 years will be very important for the European economy and Members of the European Parliament will play a crucial role in crafting a route for the EU and Britain, while promoting the interests of their constituents and EU citizens.
This debate is held in the context of a series of events organised by the European Movement around the country, featuring candidates from all parties and discussing the European elections and what membership of the EU means for the UK.
Chairman: Mr Barry Brown, Chairman Oxfordshire Branch of the European Movement
- Richard Ashworth MEP (Conservative)
- Catherine Bearder MEP (Liberal Democrat)
- Anneliese Dodds, May 2014 EP elections candidate (Labour)
- Simon Strutt May 2014 EP elections candidate (UKIP)
- Keith Taylor MEP (Greens)
- Moderator: Michael Shackleton, former Head of the European Parliament’s Information Office in the UK
For further details and to register please contact Karin van Vrede at email@example.com quoting YEM