Pride in London in association with the European Movement UK, New Europeans, and the European Commission Representation to the UK are holding an event to discuss the state of LGBT rights and equality in the UK and the EU, whether collective EU action is a solution and what the UK's contribution might be
Europe House, 32, Smith square, Westminster
European Movement UK event invitation
The European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights (FRA) recently conducted the first ever survey of LGBT+ rights in the EU. It found that 47% of LGBT Europeans felt discriminated against in the twelve months that preceded the study. This figure rises to 57% in Poland, 60% in Hungary and 61% in Lithuania.
The panel will feature
- Ruth Hunt - Chief Executive, Stonewall
- Jonathan Cooper - Chief Executive, Human Dignity Trust
- Jasna Magic - Board Member, ILGA-Europe
- Jonathan Cornejo - Campaigns Coordinator, Amnesty International UK
- Dr Richard Mole - Senior Lecturer, School of Slavonic & East European Studies
- Article 19 have agreed to participate and are currently considering which member of staff will attend.
Chair: Michael Cashman, former MEP and President of the EP Intergroup on LGBT Rights.
Moderator: David Geary
The discussion will be followed by a networking session and flag-raising ceremony, marking the first time the rainbow flag has been flown above Europe House.
To book a ticket please click here or contact David Geary at email@example.com